Cool-Therm have recently confirmed sponsorship of the CIBSE Building Performance Awards taking place at the Grovsnor Hotel, Great Room on the 8th of February 2012.
They will sponsor the award category: "Collaborative Working Award" This award is an excellent opportunity for Cool-Therm as it allows them to be involved with a special prestigious awards night where they will have the opportunity to help reward some of the finest clients they work with, within the industry.
Collaborative Working Award - Sponsored by Cool-Therm
The value of Collaborative working and integrated teams has been demonstrated on many outstanding projects. With the launch of the government construction strategy there is now a clear focus in public sector procurement on driving out waste, meeting or beating cost benchmarks and delivering sustainable, low carbon buildings. Collaborative working and integrated processes such as Building Information Modelling will be in increasing demand to achieve the targets set out in the strategy.
The Collaborative Working Award rewards examples of collaborative working that have delivered outstanding project outcomes on one or more new build or refurbishment projects. Entries from clients who have engaged in collaborative projects are particularly welcome.
Entries for this new Award should be for projects completed during the period 1 July 2009 to 30 June 2011. The judges will be particularly interested in completed entries which are accompanied by evidence of measured performance over at least a year of operation.
The judges will look for clear evidence of at least the following:
- Early appointment, involvement and contributions from the full team
- Collaborative and effective team working practices: common processes such as shared IT and project documents, as well as effective communications within the team
- Active specialist contributions to successful project delivery
- Selection and procurement of equipment by whole life value, not just price
- Long-term relationships between the client and the supply chain
- Delivery of the project(s) on time and budget, meeting the client’s aspirations Evidence of actual operating costs against predictions, and of overall life-cycle costs of the building
Collaborative Working Award finalists:
Imtech Aqua Ltd
Cool-Therm would like to wish all the very best of luck
The CIBSE Building performance Awards are extremely important to Cool-Therm, especially having one a CIBSE Award for "Product innovation of the year". Cool-Therm endeavour to exceed in providing the most efficient cooling products. This year Cool-Therm are also very pleased to have been shortlisted at the same awards for "Energy Using Product" where we hope once again to win with the most efficient product on the market.
Energy-using Product Award - Cool-Therm Shortlisted.
The Product of the Year Awards seek to recognise outstanding new and/or innovative Products that will make significant contributions to improving building performance.
Energy-using Products are classified as: building services products that use delivered energy themselves (however efficiently in themselves or in comparison to previous products of the same type) in order, for example, to deliver heating, ventilation, cooling or lighting.
Entries should be for Products introduced or launched between 1July 2010 to 30 June 2011.
Entries may be submitted by manufacturers or any other member of the supply chain, including consultants, contractors and clients.
The Judges will consider any product that improves building performance and saves energy and carbon, and will be looking for evidence of:
- Research, testing, development
- Innovation in design, technology and/or application
- Improvement over existing products in terms of performance, energy or resource (e.g. water) efficiency and carbon saving
- Mitigation of the environmental impact of production
- Use of recycled materials and recyclability of the product
- Performance in operation as well as factory or laboratory test results
- Evidence of how the product reduces carbon emissions
- Clear product technical information for specifiers, designers, installers and operators
- Operation and maintenance information
Energy-using Product Award finalists:
Universal CHP unit (ENER-G Combined Power Limited)
Unity CV2GIP (Greenwood Air Management)
Turbomiser III Adiabatic Advantage Chiller (Cool-Therm and Klima-Therm)
HSV Thermal Store (Lochinvar Ltd)
COOL-PHASE® low energy cooling and ventilation system (Monodraught Ltd)
Lo-Carbon Tempra Range (Vent-Axia)v
Further award details including table bookings, attending and travel can be found by clicking here
Recent projects Cool-Therm have completed which demonstrate the unique excellence of efficiency of the Turbomiser product range can be viewd by clicking here.
The Awards night:
It has be confirmed that Huw Edwards will be hosting this years awards:
Best known to millions as presenter of Britain’s most watched news programme, Huw has been hand bagged by Margaret Thatcher in a Welsh barn, and silenced an archbishop during a live broadcast to 250 million listeners. With a great mix of behind-the-scenes anecdotes and broadcasting bloomers, along with easy humour and a great awards hosting style, Huw is sure to make this year’s awards one to remember.
ABOUT THE AWARDS
The CIBSE Building Performance Awards recognise, reward and celebrate the best performance, innovation and practice in design, commissioning, construction, installation and operation of sustainable buildings and the manufacturers whose technologies enable energy efficiency.
The awards focus on actual, measured performance, not design intent or performance specifications. Judged by a panel of distinguished industry leaders, winners of the awards know that their work is best in class.