R513a the cost-effective green refrigerant alternative to R134a.
R513a (or Opteon ® XP10 as it is also known) is a readily available low global warming potential refrigerant which is a direct substitute for R134a and in many applications can used as a simple replacement for retrofitting.
Because of its very close similarities to R134a a full and wide range of R513a refrigeration and chiller plant is already available, and because of the recent HFC price increases driven by EU F-Gas legislation it is now a more cost-effective refrigerant to use in new plant designs.
What is R513a?
- Substitute for R134a
- Almost identical physical and thermodynamic properties to R134a
- Performance and efficiencies closely match that of R134a
- Azeotropic refrigerant blend containing R1234yf and R134a
- Non-flammable with a safety classification of A1
- For oil dependant systems R513a is fully compatible with polyolester oil
- Low GWP of 631
- Can be used as a retrofit or in new installations
What new equipment can I request R513a to be used within?
- All medium temperature chiller and industial heat pump applications with the same operating temperature ranges as R134a. (Water temperatures circa -10°C to 25°C in cooling and +30°C to +55°C in heating.)